Author Topic: .Ts to DVD  (Read 3784 times)

pscrzy

.Ts to DVD
« on: August 23, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »
I am able to cut my .TS files now but I am struggling to find a good way to burn .Ts files to dvd. Most programs I have tried take a very long time even on my quad core pc. Does anybody have a suggestion for me?

SHS

• Administrator
  • Super Senior Member
    • SHS Unofficial WinTV-PVR & MediaMVP
Re: .Ts to DVD
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
The only way I can think of to speed things up is with to burn it as Bluray DVD type format disc or if your downgrade it to Standard DVD type format disc then it will be slow.
Option that may help are Graphics Video Accelerated Encoding
ATI Stream "AVIVO Video Converter, PowerDirector 7 Ultra" bear in mind that this only work with HD 4xxx Series and up
or
Nvidia CUDA "Badaboom, LoiLoScope, TMPGEnc, PowerDirector 7 Ultra"
or
Standalone Hardware Decoder/Encoder
Leadtek WinFast PxVC1100 Transcoding Card " there two Bundle Software option one with TMPGEnc or the one with Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus, DVD MovieFactory 5.
Some other solutions but way over price and with same Toshiba Stream Processor SpursEngine Chip
Grass Valley FireCoder Blu

I would have added MotionDSP vReveal but it lacking in the output format the last time I check it was WMV and AVI only.

pscrzy

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:36:53 PM »
Do you know if Nero 9 will work, I will be buying that software this weekend for a different reason, and would like to know If the software will work with transport streams. Thanks for your help!

SHS

• Administrator
  • Super Senior Member
    • SHS Unofficial WinTV-PVR & MediaMVP
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »
That I do not know I'm still on ver 7

pscrzy

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
Nero 9 does work! I can edit the .TS files and burn them to dvd. It even shrinks my big 18GB files down to fit on standard dvd, it also does it very fast.

mlaviolette

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »
I'm not sure if I understand.  What do you end up with on the DVD - just .ts files or a DVD that is playable on a stand-alone player?

pscrzy

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 08:46:33 PM »
Playable on standalone player

rishi

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 05:09:07 PM »
If you have TME installed (that came with HD-PVR), you can use the Arcsoft TotalMedia Studio to create DVDs from your .TS files. Works perfectly.

Run TotalMedia Extreme.
Go to second option (that has the film icon) and choose 'Create DVD Movie'
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:11:26 PM by rishi »