Author Topic: rcTVCap  (Read 9837 times)

arogan

rcTVCap
« on: June 23, 2008, 12:42:31 AM »
Hauppauge HD PVR
I wrote up a little review with:
- lots of photos
- lots of capture and playback tests
- samples to download
- step by step fan mod with temperatures
- filter graph information
- rcTVCap - command line recording utility with source code.

SHS

• Administrator
  • Super Senior Member
    • SHS Unofficial WinTV-PVR & MediaMVP
Re: rcTVCap
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 06:14:47 AM »
That look cool arogan

mlaviolette

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 04:02:07 PM »
Excellent!  Thanks.

Do you know if WinTV supports the HD PVR?  I see a link to a new scheduler on the Hauppauge site, but nothing about WinTV.  They stated in an email that WinTV would support both the HD PVR and my 350.  Still waiting for my HD to be delivered.

arogan

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 10:20:57 PM »
Excellent!  Thanks.

Do you know if WinTV supports the HD PVR?  I see a link to a new scheduler on the Hauppauge site, but nothing about WinTV.  They stated in an email that WinTV would support both the HD PVR and my 350.  Still waiting for my HD to be delivered.

No it doesn't, at least not right now out of the box.  It comes with arcsoft stuff which I really didn't like.

mlaviolette

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 02:11:28 PM »
Am I correct in assuming that Windows Media Player will play the files once the Coreavc codec is installed?  I have two older systems ( mobile 2600+, no oc, 2GB DDR RAM, GeForce 5200's 256MB), one running Windows 2000 and the other XP Pro, so it looks as if I will benefit from the Coreavc codec.  Would you recommend something other than Windows Media Player?

What would you recommend for capping individual frames from the 1080 file?  I currently use the MPEG2 version of VirtualDub, which does a good job.  Is there something similar for these kinds of files?

Have you tried the HD PVR scheduler (http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/hd_pvr/hdpvr_sched.exe)?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:28:22 PM by mlaviolette »

arogan

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 03:10:51 PM »
- yes I've tested windows media player and it works fine as long as you have the proper splitter (haali) and codec installed.  I like coreavc the most but the one from powerdvd7 or 8 works well too if you have that already.  ffdshow tryouts also works ok too though 1080i gets dicey on lower end hardware.  I personally like zoomplayer but media player classic is another popular choice.
- Sorry, haven't messed with post processing, editing, etc much yet on these files.
- Didn't try the scheduler b/c well I wrote my own.  rcTVCap is just a tiny part of my complete pvr solution (rcTV) which is in closed beta.
It's also what I use for playback.  I only use zoomplayer for one off testing and quick check of which filters are being used.

arogan

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 03:45:28 AM »
rcTVCap 1.02 released with source code.
- I've updated the post.  Check around the rcTVCap section and near the end.
- The big new feature is on the fly quality settings thanks to some code from the_tom.
- I'm quite happy with these 5.1 beta drivers.  They seem to work fine for me.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:46:18 PM by SHS »

arogan

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 08:26:57 PM »
added rcGraphBuilder to help quickly and easily build the capture graph without the need of installing graphedit.  It's a bit experimental but if you would like to give it a try I talk about it right below rcTVCap in the same blog post.