Author Topic: Directshow filter graph  (Read 4747 times)

bobdole369

Directshow filter graph
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:53:56 AM »
Has anyone managed to make a graph that actually previews?

I can get it to run with various decoders and configs, and even get some spurts of noise in the audio - but no actual video or audio from the Activemovie window - or in zoomplayer using the graph.

However if I lop off the decoders and insert a sink or file dump filter - the resulting file plays perfectly. I even inserted the file dump after the demultiplexer and recorded either video or audio.

All of the decoder filters report the expected resolution/fps - and when its not correct - that area shows nothing or zeros, thus I know the decoders are at least active. Just no video.

Perhaps there is a hidden "preview" pin or something?

From the avsforums:

Add three filters to graph:
Hauppauge HD PVR Crossbar (found under "WDM Streaming Crossbar Devices")
Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device (found under "WDM Streaming Capture Devices")
Hauppauge HD PVR Encoder (found under "WDM Streaming Encoder Devices")
Add MPEG-2 Demultiplexer - create 2 output pins (??? on what to use here! MPEG-2 Program Video and MPEG-2 Audio seem logical)
Map the pins to 0x1011 (video) and 0x1100 (audio) as ES.
Choose an appropriate decoder - ffdshow seems to work OK, so ffdshow video and audio decoders - then default directsound and video renderer.

Result is a black screen activemovie with occasional burst of noise.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:04:40 AM by bobdole369 »

arogan

Re: Directshow filter graph
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:19:39 PM »

ly2009

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 04:33:26 PM »
maybe look at this:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14025078#post14025078

I am having the same issue.  The graph linked above does work, but I am having trouble configuring the MPEG-2 Demultiplexer for this device programmatically.  Can some provide some details?  I use C++.  Many thanks.

ly2009

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 04:40:32 PM »
To make myself clearer:

I create an audio pin and a video pin on MPEG-2 Demultiplexer.  The problem is I am not sure how to specify the media types for these pins.  I am trying to make the audio pin AC3 and the video pin H264, but am not sure how to specify the parameters.  As a result, I am not able to map the stream IDs 0x1100 and 0x1011 to the pins.